Yozu are on the lookout for an enthusiastic, gifted graduate with a proven interest and ability in software development to join their team of engineers. You will be helping them develop cross-platform mobile applications that interface with a number of their products and projects.
The role is based in a vibrant area of Liverpool City Centre, in a relaxed and enjoyable work setting. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment and have input into all aspects of production.
You’ll be perfect for this position if you’re keen to interact with clients from the beginning of a development process and throughout, working alongside a supportive team of junior and senior software development engineers, to produce a clean and effective application.
In return you will benefit from exposure to some of the latest cutting-edge technologies, and will have the opportunity to see your work used in live production environments for some of the largest companies in the UK. Benefit and improve on your existing skills from working with other like-minded individuals who are keen to share their wealth of industry experience and knowledge with you.
- A kitchen full of snacks and treats, Jura Coffee Machine, team lunch every Wednesday, and regular team nights out ☕
- Dress how you’d like, they only pull the suits out on very special occasions 👩💼
- On-the-job mentoring and training 👩🏫
- Exposure to a wide range of cutting-edge technologies 👩💻
- Work with other likeminded, friendly, enthusiastic team members 👋
- Flexible working hours and arrangements ⌚
- Access to any training material/literature you want, yes they have a library! 📚
A Graduate Software Developers Key Responsibilities
- Work on new and ongoing projects, developing primarily web-based applications and back end services for clients
- Develop clean, maintainable code
- Write clear and concise documentation
- Work with other team members to design systems and solutions
- Consult and liaise with clients on a daily basis
- Develop and implement bug fixes
- QA projects
- Take part in peer reviews
- Experience developing software or services in any mainstream Object Oriented language, either in a professional, academic or personal capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, supportive and motivated personality
- Solid understanding of OO principles
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and diagnose in a sensible and methodical manner
- Ability to demonstrate past projects/code
- Developing systems using Ruby, Java or C#
- Developing rich web applications (Ruby on Rails, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery)
A little about them
They’re a rapidly expanding team of over 25 software engineers that help SMEs and larger blue-chip corporations around the UK and abroad to better leverage technology within their business. They work closely with their clients to deliver applications that help to transform their business, and have fun coding solutions to interesting problems.
They take a mature approach to agile software development; they automate where possible, they’re agile where and when it matters, they work collaboratively with their clients, and they ship often and early.
Technologies and platforms they use include: Rails 5, ES6, React, CI via Semaphore and Bitbucket Pipelines, JIRA, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, AWS, Git and so on!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com